Saturday, March 24, 2012

Carried Away


Our class had a ton of fun learning prefixes and suffixes!  As an informal assessment students had to create a bundle of balloons (a parent volunteer used the die cut machine and had them prepared in advance) to show a prefix, a root word, and the new word they had created.  On the back of the balloons they did the same thing with suffixes.  To make it a little more exciting I took their picture to attach to the bottom of their balloons.  I think they were a huge success!

7 comments:

  1. That has got to be one of the cutest and most clever displays I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An excellent display - such fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://littlepiggyreads.blogspot.com/2012/11/im-in-with-cool-kids.html

    I nominated your blog for a Liebster Award. I love your ideas. Please come on over and join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an awesome idea!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I think I'm going to do this for our open house :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    PreschoolForRookies@blogspot.com
    -Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What did you use to hang the work? Is it just string secured by the drop ceiling? I'm looking for something just like that to display work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete